This is a digital PDF pattern meant to guide you through creating an adorable leather backpack that looks like it's dripping with chocolate.
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/B_33ldWR2mQ
- It is very well suited for children and adults, sized at about 250 mm ( ~ 10 inches ) in height and about 200 mm ( 8 inches ) in width.
- We used 5-6 oz ( ~ 2 mm ) vegetable tanned leather for the whole project but you may naturally use any other type as long as the leather has a reasonable thickness.
- You will need two 20 mm buckles for fastening the straps, four 2 mm D-rings, 14 rivets and 12 eyelets ( optional ). You will also need a lace or string about 1 meter long ( ~ 3 feet ).
- We dyed the sugarcane part that fastens the backpack so you may do with some dye as well. We used Fiebing's Red dye which we heartily recommend.
Please read on!
⚠️ Note that you will not be able to use this file for CNC or laser cutting as it does not contain XML data.
💡You may print this pattern on any of the following paper types: US Letter, A4-A0, Legal and Ledger / Tabloid by selecting the US_Letter format from your printing options.
💡 To access your digital file(s), go to You > Purchases and reviews and look for the order. To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
• You should handle this neatly but if you don't, then I'm always in for a chat. I have quite a presence on our group and we'd love it if you'd like to be part of our community at https://facebook.com/groups/leatherhub
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Sep 25, 2023
Great pattern. It was a lot of fun making the backpack. The video description was very helpful. Love the backpack so much :)
Jan 28, 2023
Jan 11, 2023
This pattern was really fun and easy to understand. The video provided to go along with it was super helpful and shows you all the steps you need to do, I completely recommend this pattern.
Dec 25, 2022
It is one of the most challenging patterns I have completed but the final result is rewarding. The curved leather part was really time consuming to punch holes and to sew.
Dec 2, 2022
It was fun making. It would be nice to have another size, so you had 2 to choose from, a small one like this one, and a large one that could fit an adult. It fits a little girl.