Hello and welcome to our shop where you can find downloadable patterns or templates for hand crafting leather products. Please read on for more info!
💡 If you bought this pattern already and would like the latest version then please message us to receive it free of charge.
You may print this pattern on any of the following paper types: US Letter, A4-A0, Legal and Ledger / Tabloid by selecting the US_Letter format from your printing options.
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/9V8xYWe4j8E
- This is a digital PDF pattern documented in English, containing a 20 page blueprint meant to guide you through creating a leather sling bag backpack as shown in the pictures. I made this for myself as I commute on my bike and I needed a small footprint backpack to carry my everyday stuff. This is a mens backpack as it chances to be too large for a lady.
- The backpack measures 480 x 200 x 200 mm ( ~19 x 8 x 8 inches ) and has two compartments and two side pockets.
- You will need four buckles with a at least 30 mm wide inner gauge and a zipper at least 500 mm ( ~20 inches ) in length. I used thicker 3 mm ( 7-8 oz ) leather for this project but you may do as you wish for every part of the backpack except the strap which should be thicker.
• The amount of leather required for this project will be approximately 6-7 square feet ( ~ half a square meter ).
• You may use any tool to punch out the stitching holes but the holes are spaced such that you may use a Craftool 3 mm set of prongs to speed things up. Just google 'Tandy 88045-06’ for more info.
⚠️ Note that you will not be able to use this file for CNC or laser cutting as it does not contain XML data.
💡 To access your digital file(s), go to You > Purchases and reviews and look for the order. To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
• You should handle this neatly but if you don't, then I'm always in for a chat. I have quite a presence on our group and we'd love it if you'd like to be part of our community https://facebook.com/groups/leatherhub
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.