This is an 13 page digital PDF pattern meant to guide you through creating a leather vintage looking shoulder bag resembling a reel to reel tape player as shown in the pictures. I grew up listening to one of these as my dad was a music enthusiast back in the 80's, so this project started out of pure nostalgia.
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/lJ7Wq1GLKoA
- The bag measures about 300 x 300 x 110 mm ( ~12 x 12 x 4 inches ) and has three outside pockets and a main compartment.
- You will need two 30 mm D-rings and three zippers, one at least 300 mm ( ~12 inches ) in length and two more of at least 240mm ( 9.5 inches ) in length.
- Also make sure a fastening snap or a head ball stud is at hand for the lower pocket that closes using any of such accessories.
- I used thicker 2 mm ( 5-6 oz ) leather for some parts and thinner 1.5 mm( 3 - 4 oz ) for some others. You will find their the thinner parts marked with their weight on the pattern.
- For crafting the strap you will need 6 rivets and a 30 mm buckle.
- You may use whatever tool you have at hand for punching out the stitching holes but should you happen to have access to a Craftool 3 mm punching chisel set, it would considerably lower the amount of work as many of the holes are spaced to be punched with such tools. You may google ‘Tandy 88045-6’ for more information.
⚠️ Note that you will not be able to use this file for CNC or laser cutting as it does not contain XML data.
💡You may print this pattern on any of the following paper types: US Letter, A4-A0, Legal and Ledger / Tabloid by selecting the US_Letter format from your printing options.
💡 To access your digital file(s), go to You > Purchases and reviews and look for the order. To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
• You should handle this neatly but if you don't, then I'm always in for a chat. I have quite a presence on our group and we'd love it if you'd like to be part of our community https://facebook.com/groups/leatherhub
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Jan 22, 2024
This bag was so fun to make that I was sad when it was finished. Everywhere I go I get compliments on it and people ask me where I bought it. I love this bag.
Jan 4, 2024
Fun project, video is a company to the pattern. Putting it together now…
Dec 15, 2023
hâte de commencer le sac