Hello and welcome to our shop where you can find downloadable patterns or templates for hand crafting leather products. Please read on for more info!
You may print this pattern on any of the following paper types: US Letter, A4-A0, Legal and Ledger / Tabloid by selecting the US_Letter format from your printing options.
- This is an 18 page digital PDF pattern consisting of a 13 page blueprint file and a 5 page instructions one meant to guide you through creating a leather vintage looking shoulder bag resembling a reel to reel tape player as shown in the pictures. I grew up listening to one of these as my dad was a music enthusiast back in the 80's, so this project started out of pure nostalgia.
- The pattern is documented in English and contains an introduction, the blueprint and instructions.
- No instructions for making the strap are included so please be sure to acknowledge this fact before proceeding to buying this pattern.
• The bag measures about 300 x 300 x 110 mm ( ~12 x 12 x 4 inches ) and has three outside pockets and a main compartment.
• You will need two D-rings with at least 28 mm wide inner gauge and three zippers, one at least 300 mm ( ~12 inches ) in length and two more of at least 240mm ( 9.5 inches ) in length.
• Also make sure a snap or a head ball stud is at hand for the lower pocket that closes using any of such accessories.
• I used thicker 3 mm ( 7-8 oz ) leather for some parts and thinner 1.5 mm( 3 - 4 oz ) for some others. You will find more information in the description file provided with the pattern.
• You may use any tool to punch out the stitching holes but the holes are spaced such that you may use a Craftool 3 mm set of prongs to speed things up. Just google 'Tandy 88045-06’ for more info.
⚠️ Note that you will not be able to use this file for CNC or laser cutting as it does not contain XML data.
💡 To access your digital file(s), go to You > Purchases and reviews and look for the order. To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
• You should handle this neatly but if you don't, then I'm always in for a chat. I have quite a presence on our group and we'd love it if you'd like to be part of our community https://facebook.com/groups/leatherhub
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.