This is a digital pattern in the form a PDF file meant to aid you in creating a leather horned skull helmet / mask as shown in the pictures.
Video tutorial https://youtu.be/olIahPID4-E
- The pattern comes in all sizes, scalable as indicated in the chart on the first page.
- We used 5-7 oz ( 2-3 mm ) vegetable tanned leather for the skull and 5-6 oz ( 2 mm ) for the horns but you may use whatever weight you have at hand.
- Some basic skills of working with vegetable tanned leather should be of help. The leather will need to be cased and modeled a bit. Having a swivel knife and being able to work with it at a basic level would help you achieve a better look by simulating some cracks which are marked on the pattern.
- Another optional tool would be a hand modelling tool or a small footprint stamping beveler for shaping the teeth. You may of course just mark them or improvise in some other way.
- The project is put together using cross stitching so make sure you can reproduce it before buying.
⚠️ Note that you will not be able to use this file for CNC or laser cutting as it does not contain XML data.
💡You may print this pattern on any of the following paper types: US Letter, A4-A0, Legal and Ledger / Tabloid by selecting the US_Letter format from your printing options.
💡 To access your digital file(s), go to You > Purchases and reviews and look for the order. To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
• You should handle this neatly but if you don't, then I'm always in for a chat. I have quite a presence on our group and we'd love it if you'd like to be part of our community at https://facebook.com/groups/leatherhub
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Nov 28, 2023
This pattern was really easy to use and understand
Nov 22, 2023
I didn't pay attention and ended up having to make the mask out of 2 large pieces. The printed pattern could show, in a little more detail, how this pattern is supposed to be assembled before cutting. However, I ended up with a very acceptable end result, and I am pleased.
Nov 6, 2023
This pattern is great! It was easy to piece together and everything lined up perfectly when it was time to sew. Wet molding the leather really gives it life, so dont forget that part!
Nov 3, 2023
Going to use this pattern as a base for an executioner's hood, as I can't seem to find a good pattern on etsy of online for it. No complaints on contents of my purchase
Oct 31, 2023
Had a lot of fun with this one. Gonna make more with different embellishments.