Hello and welcome to our shop where you can find downloadable patterns or templates for hand crafting leather products. Please read on for more info!
You may print this pattern on any of the following paper types: US Letter, A4-A0, Legal and Ledger / Tabloid by selecting the US_Letter format from your printing options.
VIdeo tutorial https://youtu.be/PKSiYhXhS-Q
- This is a digital pattern in the form of a 5 pages PDF files meant to aid you in creating a leather motorcycle waist bag as shown in the pictures.
- The bag is designed in such a way that it can be carried in several fashions:
- For starters you can hang it on your own belt using the two belt loops included in the pattern. This is in case you want to lower the bag a bit and not pass the waist belt through the upper loop that's sewn on the back of the bag which is another option that comes through this design as you may observe in some of the photos.
- You can create a waist belt which is included in the pattern and that attaches itself to the bag similarly to how the thigh belt does. A great option in case your not wearing jeans or any trousers that support wearing a belt.
- Finally you can totally omit the use of carabiners and of 4 of the 5 D-rings required for the project and just pass the belts through the loops that are sewn on the back. This is particularly useful in case you don't have access to some of the hardware that we used or if you simply have some other belts from some other projects laying around the shop.
- We used 6 oz ( 2 mm ) vegetable tanned leather for the bag and the straps but you may use whatever comes handy.
On the accessories side this is what we used:
- 6 carabiners with an inner size of at least 25 mm
- 5 D-rings with an inner size of at least 25 mm
- 2 buckles with an inner size of at least 30 mm
- 20 rivets of your own choice in size
- We used Fiebing's Pro oil dye for this job and it was 'Walnut' and 'Saddle tan' in this particular instance, in case you wish to reproduce the color of the reference model.
- You may use any tool to punch out the stitching holes but the holes are spaced such that you may use a Craftool 3 mm 6 prong tool on the straight lines. Just google 'Tandy 88045-06’ for more info.
- The project is put together using saddle stitching so make sure you can reproduce it before buying.
⚠️ Note that you will not be able to use this file for CNC or laser cutting as it does not contain XML data.
💡 To access your digital file(s), go to You > Purchases and reviews and look for the order. To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
• You should handle this neatly but if you don't, then I'm always in for a chat. I have quite a presence on our group and we'd love it if you'd like to be part of our community at https://facebook.com/groups/leatherhub
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.