Hello and welcome to our shop where you can find downloadable patterns or templates for hand crafting leather products. Please read on for more info!
You may print this pattern on any of the following paper types: US Letter, A4-A0, Legal and Ledger / Tabloid by selecting the US_Letter format from your printing options.
VIdeo tutorial https://youtu.be/Pz0LuBr_H-U
- This is a digital pattern meant to aid you in creating a leather plague doctor mask and a plague doctor hat as shown in the pictures.
- We went for a more historically accurate model in which plague doctors used to stuff herbs in order to stop miasma. This meant that the tip had to have a small opening for airflow. It took some research and some experimenting but you need to smell the the mix of sage, thyme, basil, mint and rattles that we used ( particularly if you're fond of having tea ).
- If you're looking for the hat pattern only then please follow this link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/889974393
- The patterns come in several sizes and you need to measure your head circumference ( from your forehead to the back of your head ) when picking the right pattern. Ex:
- XS ~540 mm in head circumference
- S ~560 mm in head circumference
- M ~580 mm in head circumference
- L ~600 mm in head circumference
- XL ~620 mm in head circumference
- We used 6 oz ( 2 mm ) vegetable tanned leather for this one but you may use whatever weight you prefer.
- To fasten the mask we used two 20 mm buckles and you will need about twenty 9 mm rivets ( or less ) to fasten the straps.
- The lenses ( so to speak ) are made out of leather and the see through holes were punched using a 2 mm hole punch.
- Along with mostly using saddle stitching, the project employs the using of cross stitching so make sure you can reproduce it before buying.
- We also dyed several parts of the project and you may find Fiebing's Pro Black dye an excellent option.
⚠️ Note that you will not be able to use this file for CNC or laser cutting as it does not contain XML data.
💡 To access your digital file(s), go to You > Purchases and reviews and look for the order. To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
• You should handle this neatly but if you don't, then I'm always in for a chat. I have quite a presence on our group and we'd love it if you'd like to be part of our community at https://facebook.com/groups/leatherhub
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.